This course is the first in a series of courses that will span product cost concepts through advanced techniques in inventory reconciliation.
The course begins by providing an overview of costing functionality, and the categories that inventory transactions are created in: purchase orders, production orders, inventory journals, and sales orders. Key terminology will also be covered, including physical/financial, transaction types, costing methodologies, and average methodologies.
The next section discusses how to set up an item model group and also covers item model group costing methods: non-periodic and periodic.
The rest of the course features information about inventory costing models: standard cost, moving average, LIFO and LIFO Date, FIFO, weighted average and weighted average date, and fixed receipt costing. Additionally, the course describes the inventory closing concept.
What are the goals for this course?
- Introduce key terminology for costing
- Introduce inventory cost and valuation methods
- Set up item model groups
- Introduce inventory closing
What are the prerequisites to consume this course?
- Finance experience with an inventory focus
- Trade and Logistics basics in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Course Objectives
- Costing Functionality
- Key Terminology
Module 2: Set Up an Item Model Group
- Item Model Groups
- Item Model Group Costing Methods
- Demo: Set Up an Item Model Group
Module 3: Inventory Cost Types
- Inventory Costing Model: Standard Cost
- Inventory Costing Model: Moving Average
- Inventory Closing Concept
- Inventory Costing Model: LIFO and LIFO Date
- Inventory Costing Model: FIFO
- Inventory Costing Model: Weighted Average and Weighted Average Date
- Weighted Average Dates
- Inventory Costing Model: Fixed Receipt Costing
- Test Your Knowledge Questions
- Торговля и логистика